It grows abundantly in meadows, a slender plant about 2 feet high, with juicy stems and leaves, and whorled spikes of reddish-green flowers, which give colour, during the months of June and July, to the grassy spots in which it grows. The upper ones are sessile. They frequently become a beautiful crimson.
Yellowish part of milk, rich in butterfat, that rises to the surface naturally if milk is allowed to stand. In the dairy industry, cream is separated mechanically. Cream is graded by percentage of fat content.
The stamens and pistils are on different plants. The seeds, when ripe, are brown and shining.
Dictionar expresii engleza
The perennial roots run deeply into the ground. In Scotland it is 'gowkemeat.
The leaves contain a considerable quantity of binoxalate of potash, which gives them their acid flavour and medicinal and dietetic properties. They have been employed from the most distant time as a salad.
- Надо нам подождать до утра -- если только мне не удастся сейчас разбудить одного из моих друзей.
- Ceaiul din plante efecte secundare
- Pierderea excesivă în greutate
In France, Sorrel is put into ragouts, fricassées and soups, forming the chief constituent of the favourite Soupe aux herbes. Together with salt, it gives both the name and the relish to sallets from the sapidity, which renders not plants and herbs only, but men themselves pleasant and agreeable.
Dictionar Complet Stuff
Both roots and seeds, as well as the herb, are held powerful to resist the poison of the scorpion. The leaves, wrapt in a colewort leaf and roasted in the embers, and applied to a large imposthume, botch boil, or plague-sore, doth both ripen and break it.
Fat sunburn sour distilled water of the herb is of much good use for all the purposes aforesaid. Our country people used to beat the herb to a mash and take it mixed with vinegar and sugar, as a fat sunburn sour sauce with cold meat, hence one of its popular names: Greensauce.
- 7 Remedii ideas | remedii naturale, remedii naturiste, diete
- 49 Retete ideas | rețete, băuturi sănătoase, mâncare
- Поскольку она очень любила Олвина, то была не столько раздражена, сколько расстроена.
- Traducere Engleză-Germană :: cream :: Dicţionar
- Pierderea de grăsime din boston
- Hellogliggles pierdere în greutate
- English vocabulary
- Он не был удивлен ее реакцией - но лишь проявившейся неистовостью и иррациональностью.
A few of the leaves may also with advantage be added to turnips and spinach. When boiled by itself, without water, it serves as an excellent accompaniment to roast goose or pork, instead of apple sauce.
Simmer it as slow as you can, and when done enough, put a bit of butter and beat it well. The leaves contain a little starch and mucilage, and the root is rather farinaceous.
Garden Sorrel likes a damp situation, French Sorrel a dry soil and an open situation.
Sow moderately thin, in drills 6 inches apart, and thin out when the plants are 1 or 2 inches high. When the stalks run up in July, they should be cut back. The roots will then put out new leaves, which will be tender and better for kitchen use than the older leaves, so that by cutting down the shoots of some plants at different times, there will always be a supply of young leaves.
Sorrell doth undoubtedly cool and mightily dry, but because it is sour, it likewise cutteth tough humours. The juice thereof in summer time is a profitable sauce in many meats and pleasant to the taste.
- (DOC) Dictionar expresii engleza | Claudia Ionita - rocketbikes.hu
- Tricouri cu 'skull'
- Здесь, на Земле, он исполнил свое дело быстрее и тщательнее, чем мог надеяться поначалу.
- Motive pentru care pierderea în greutate eșuează
- Arbore de ardere de grăsime de coajă
- Со всем их неизмеримо огромным объемом информации, полностью описывающей город как он есть в настоящий момент.
It cooleth a hot stomach. The leaves are with good success added to decoctions, and are used in agues. The leaves are taken in good quantity, stamped and stained into some ale fat sunburn sour cooleth the body.
The leaves are eaten in a tart spinach. The seed of Sorrell drunk in wine stoppeth the bloody flow.